An earlier leak also suggested the launch of the BlackBerry Ghost in India. Ghost Pro is another smartphone believed to be a higher variant of the Ghost.
Leakster Evan Blass has divulged some more information about BlackBerry smartphones headed to India this year. In addition to his earlier leak about the bezel-less BlackBerry Ghost launching in India, Blass now reports that another, possibly higher variant called BlackBerry Ghost Pro will also be seen in the country soon.
The tipster has also posted an image alongside the Tweet which shows a sleek, thin-bezel smartphone very similar to the previously leaked image of BlackBerry Ghost. The Tweet reveals that the device will be made by Indian BlackBerry licensee Optiemus. Last year, BlackBerry had signed a licensing deal with Delhi-based Optiemus Infracom to design and manufacture BlackBerry phones in India. Under the licensing agreement, the duo had earlier launched the BlackBerry Keyone
No other specs or pricing details of the alleged BlackBerry Ghost Pro have been revealed, but the image of the phone confirms that there is no signature BlackBerry physical keyboard on the device. Looks like the device will bear an edge-to-edge display, possibly with an 18:9 aspect ratio. It was Feb when details about the BlackBerry Ghost leaked, the device has still not launched in India. However, the second leak could suggest that the launch is imminent.
BlackBerry KEYone (LIMITED EDITION BLACK)
- 12MP large pixel 1.55 um primary camera with 6-elements lens, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, high dynamic range (HDR), panorama, 1080p full HD video recording and 8MP Wide Angle front facing camera
- 11.37 centimeters (4.5-inch) FHD IPS LCD screen with 1620 x 1080 pixels resolution and 434 ppi pixel density, Gorilla Glass 4
- Android v7.1 Nougat, 2.0GHz 64 Bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa core processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory expandable up to 2TB, dual nano SIM (4G +4G), OTG and NFC support
- 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (up to 50 percent charge in around 36 minutes)